Saturday, February 16, 2013

PT 3


Dear Diary, I spent yesterday dyeing swathes of fabric a gruesome shade of greige. This entailed carrying saucepans of water up and down the stairs in a real medieval peasant wench manner, and mixing it with various tubes of slime, before carrying the sodden fabric downstairs to rinse it for an eternity in a bath tub. The sheets will be hung onstage in the background, behind all the other detritus which makes up the set and hopefully create a cocoon for the performance to shelter in as it travels the country. Taking the show to so many cities runs the risk of it landing in a space not quite right for it, so in effect we are taking our space with us.


The Set

This arrived yesterday and I cannot tell you how thrilled I was! I always wanted my own flight case, full of things I don't know how to use.



The downside to all of this glamor is that my foot looks like this now, having fallen up a marble stair case. Suggestions? I have a real comedy limp now and it is NOT cutting it!

No comments: