Thursday, June 3, 2010

The long goodbye


I think.
I had a breakthrough,
I think.
Not about any one situation,
Not any one person, rather an accumulative realization.
It was really very liberating!
I can't believe it took me 'til now.
I don't have to put up with you!
There isn't anything I need from you, and anyway you wouldn't give it if you had it to give, but you don't.
I can only fold myself up into so many shapes,
Reduce my physical existence and my psychic presence so far,
Can only be so,
Quiet.
So accommodating, ready, flexible, encouraging.
After that point,
(Which I remember passing some considerable time ago),
It's just damaging.
For you too, but mainly for me.
And frankly I'm cracked enough,
I don't need you to chip in - excuse the pun -
No, embrace the pun.
Excuse yourself lover,
And walk on by.
Over that bridge,
And far away.

3 comments:

怡谷ShanikaMaxey怡谷 said...

天下攘攘,皆為利往;天下熙熙,皆為利來. ....................................................

Risa said...

I'm in love with this poem and feel the need to write it on my wall in black sharpie and read it to myself before bed each night.

La JohnJoseph said...

Well, how nice of you to say! X