Friday, February 20, 2009

A Shaded View On Fashion


The iconic Diane Pernet features an interview with me on her site this week, conducted by Martin Kullik.

For example:

- Betty Boop or Karl Lagerfeld?

I suppose it depends what you need them for doesn’t it? If I needed a new dress I’d ask Ms Boop obviously, you wouldn’t catch me dead in Chanel. All of Mr Lagerfeld’s designs exert a strange power of mummification over the wearers. Everyone who puts on his clothes looks immediately like a waxwork, he really is the Edgar Allan Poe of fashion.

- Which noble title would you go for?

I am not a monarchist. As long as royalty remain purely decorative I can put up with them, they’re good for tourism I hear. Myself, the only title I would ever accept is Old Queen, which I suppose will be mine soon enough.

- What would you like to be reincarnated as?

There is no way I’m doing this again.

Full interview here.

No comments: