Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Lighter Side of Domestic Violence


From a conversation I had, this evening, with my Mother.

"Do you remember when we moved to that place in Rossall, that estate that looked like it had been transplanted from the mid-West? All the neighbours were terribly posh, all painted their houses and mowed the lawn once a week. And I was married to Phil and we were having that big fight and he went to punch you in the face, and me and you and Nicola got together and pushed him right out of the front door?

Well, I was calling him all the bastards I could lay my tongue too, and the woman next door was out there washing her windows! Oh, well, she nearly wet herself, she just stood there with her mouth wide-open and Phil kicking the door in, and us all inside, hysterical. But she never took her cloth off the window.

That reminds me off the time we had to go and save Lynn Parky from herself, when she called me up in the middle of the night and said, 'I'm gonna kill 'im. I've got a knife in me handbag an' am gonna kill 'im.' I don't know what he'd done this time, he was always beating her up or taking all her money, but she was serious.

And do you remember that we had to go 'round at three in the morning to stop her from driving to his house? When we got there she was plastered, she was slurring and hiccuping and she had this great big knife in her purse and her make-up had smeared all over her face. We had to stay there for hours telling here it wasn't worth it, me and you in our pyjamas at four o'clock in the morning."

1 comment:

thejakeman said...

ah, Sorry bout that, I disabled comments temporarily, since my blog was published to the hate machine of the internet. and, damn, only two hits. I should have been more loud and/or vitriolic. anyways, my email is thejakeman16@gmail.com